Have you found yourself wondering WHY you should join the PTA? Or thought to yourself – what is the PTA even doing during this time of remote learning? Now, more than ever, the PTA needs YOU. And rest assured, we are still working very hard to support and enhance your child’s education, even during these difficult times.
“WHY SHOULD I JOIN THE PTA?”
Being a member of PTA means that you are part of a powerful association and action plan that is focused on programs and initiatives that strengthen your child’s education and the family-school partnership. JOINING THE PTA IS AN INVESTMENT IN YOUR CHILD.
PTA benefits are vast and plentiful. The below points are just a few of the many benefits YOUR NORMAN ROCKWELL PTA has to offer:
- PTA funds essential school resources and curriculum needs, including investment in technology, the arts and science programming.
- PTA offers STEM-Based learning resources for families through the STEM+ Families® Program.
- PTA funds the nation’s largest and longest running student arts program, Reflection®, which provides student access to arts, music, literature, dance, drama and visual arts. PTA also funds the school art programs through Art Docent, introducing your children to variety of art activities such as painting, clay projects, art fundamental, etc.
- PTA funds special education programs and events to enhance your children’s abilities and to encourage life skills, even during the online learning.
- Your PTA is gathering pictures from families and from virtual events so that our kids will still have a yearbook to commemorate this unforgettable school year.
- Your PTA is continuing to host events to help keep our kids connected, even during these disconnected times. This year we’ve already hosted two virtual dance parties, and a virtual Heritage Night. We’re working on more events in the coming months to keep the kids engaged and connected with their friends in a safe way.
- Your PTA hosts a number of events throughout the “regular” school year, including the Back to School BBQ, Heritage Night, STEAM night, Spring Dance, the Musical, Ice cream social, Salmon in the Classroom, and the all-time favorite -Toy Maker. As well, the PTA makes classroom field trips possible In years past the PTA has funded trips to the pumpkin patch, Seattle Children’s theater, Woodland Park Zoo, etc.
PTA membership and dues support your child by funding essential educational and curriculum needs. “I invite you to join PTA for your child because increasing our membership, by even one, makes it possible to provide important educational resources, speak up on important issues and create a stronger school community. There is no wrong or right way to be involved — anything you can give, whether it’s time or money, will support your child’s potential.”
We normally have a robust membership of over 400 partners out of roughly 600 Rockwell families. This year we only have about 100 members. COVID has made things difficult for many families. If you’re able, please consider joining this group of dedicated parents who are committed to our school community. All of our board members are volunteers. Like you, we are working parents who want the best for our kids. The PTA board is still working hard and dedicating our time and energy to keep the PTA running as usual. We still hold regular monthly meetings and try our best to connect with families. PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL AND OUR CHILDREN.
“HOW DO I JOIN PTA?”
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Rockwell PTA Membership Chair