The heart of the home is the kitchen, and the kitchen is what sells the home. Make it look fresh, polished, and modern using these easy ideas:
- Make sure counter tops are clean and not cluttered with multiple small appliances, such as toasters and blenders.
- Remove all magnets from the front of the refrigerator to give it a clean look.
- Replace any worn cabinet pulls or hardware that may make a kitchen look dated.
- Make sure cupboards are neat and well-organized (people do snoop!)
Potential buyers are most likely looking for a home for their family, so don't confuse them with your personal items, such as family portraits and knickknacks. You want them to imagine their family living there, with their personal photos on the wall.
Make sure bathrooms are spotlessly clean and up to date. Here are some bathroom staging tips:
- Replace old worn-out bathroom fixtures, such as faucets and towel bars.
- Hang fresh new towels on towel racks.
- Add accessories, such as candles and sweetly scented soaps in clean new glass containers.
A bedroom should convey a tone of relaxation and comfort. It's the place we want to retreat to after a long and stressful day. Here are some ways you can give your bedroom that cozy feeling:
- Paint with a warm, neutral color.
- Remove any extra furniture, leaving only the bed and dresser (especially that old exercise machine ).
- Remove a large portion of your wardrobe, making the closets appear larger.
- Spruce up the bed by changing the comforter and adding a few new throw-pillows.
The housing market can be either hot or cold, but taking these few extra steps will make it easier for buyers to see the home's full potential, and it will pay off in the long run.