4 Poblamo chili peppers 1 cup black beans
halved lengthwise drained and rinsed
2 bell peppers 2 tsp mild chili powder halved lengthwise
1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin 1/4 tsp ground cumin
olive oil divided
1 lb grass fed bison or 1/4 tsp sea salt
1 medium red onion 1/4 tsp black pepper
2 garlic cloves minced 1 1/2 cup organic
14.5 can diced tomatoes grated
2 cups zucchini 1/2 " dice
1. Preheat oven to 375F Remove ribs from all peppers, rub with 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
2. Place on a baking sheet cut side down, and roast for 15 to 18 minutes, remove from the oven.
3. While the peppers are roasting, PreHeat a large sauté pan over medium high add the remaining oil quickly followed by the bison, onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt, sauté until the onions are soft and the bison is lightly browned and fully cooked about 8 to 10 minutes total.
4. Add the zucchini, black beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Sauté 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and spoon into the peppersPlace peppers back into baking dishPour any accumulated liquid over the top.
6. Sprinkle with cheese Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, until cheese is lightly golden.
Lutien + Zeaxanthin 980 mil. grams
Vitamin C 212%DV
couresy of Sandra Young, OD
author: Visionary Kitchen: A Cookbook for Eye HealthBooks are available for purchase at
www.visionarykitchen.com and www.amazon.com