End of the School Year
As we approach the end of the school year, be sure to check with your Family and Community
Liaison to find out the last day for mentoring. Before reaching that day, have some positive, honest
and supportive conversation with your student about the end of the year.
- Share how you've enjoyed the time together - cite some different things you did or talked about.
- Talk about how you are proud of the student for growing and progressing in some specific ways.
- If continuing, share that you look forward to seeing them again sometime in September (whenever the school is ready to have mentors back again).
- If you won't be continuing, be honest about the separation and encourage the student to talk about their feelings.
- Reassure them that you have every confidence in their abilities to do their very best as they move forward in the next school year and beyond.
is a mentoring program designed to provide students with the
caring, consistent and committed adult in their lives.
organizations partner with nearby schools
to provide opportunities for
tudents and members to serve as mentors.
Susan Schneck, Lunch Pals Coordinator