BID project makes headlines
Luton BID has been featured in the Luton Herald and Post this week, with a story about our Business COVID recovery starter packs.
These packs are being delivered to levy paying businesses ahead of the reopening of shops on Monday, June 15. Read the media coverage
Luton BID have been working with Luton Borough Council and partners as part of the Luton Town Centre Economic Recovery Taskforce to plan for the safe reopening of the town, as lock down measures are eased.
A number of adaptations to the town’s streets have or will take place in the coming days including additional signage, cleansing and temporary measures to manage the highways and public spaces. These include:
- Deep cleansing of pubic furniture and contact points
- One way pedestrian walk ways on George Street and Bute Street
- Some entry points to the Mall being entry or exit only
- Traffic Restrictions on Chapel Street and Wellington Street
- Information Points and sanitising stations in The Mall and across the town centre at key entry/exit points
- Markings for queues outside some businesses
Further details will be available over the weekend on our website