Summer - the perfect season to spend time outdoors with your dog. But with record temperatures
across the nation, remember that dogs have a more difficult time cooling down than we do.
Tips to keep your dog cool and prevent heatstroke
* Check the temperature of surfaces your dog is walking on. Black asphalt gets hot quickly.
* Exercise outdoors early or late in the date. Consider alternate indoor activities to tire out your dog.
* Provide plenty of access to water and shade.
* Never leave your dog unattended in the car.
* Watch for signs of heatstroke and educate yourself on what to do.
Click here to learn about heatstroke and what actions to immediately take if your dog is overheated.