Update from Gov. Baker, state officials: March 25, 2020, 3:30PM (Watch Here:
All schools, public and private, will remain closed through the end of April, and will open no sooner than May 4.
The following applies specifically to Grocery Stores and Pharmacies (
Convenience Stores are not required to follow this guidance
- Provide at least one hour per day for adults over 60 to shop
- Offer hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes, as available, to clean shopping carts and POS
- Keep shoppers spaced 6 feet apart
- Instruct employees to stay home if they are not feeling well and accommodate employees who fall into high risk categories with other responsibilities.
The following is also in the order and the Governor's office has confirmed
DOES APPLY FOR CONVENIENCE STORES AS THEY WILL BE CONSIDERED GROCERY STORES UNDER THIS REG:
- Reusable bags are prohibited and all plastic bag bans are lifted.
- Stores are not allowed to charge for paper and plastic bags at this time.