This was a big year for the Massachusetts Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (MABVI). This is what your support looks like:
- 2,307 support group attendances
- 1,599 in-home vision rehabilitation sessions
- 233 volunteers gave of themselves so others with vision loss can stay independent and live with dignity
- 40 individuals without insurance received low vision exams or counseling through our free care fund
Your donation comes at a critical time. Our 1:1 Volunteer program is growing. Peer-led support groups span the state. And our occupational therapists are helping thousands learn to live with vision loss. This note from Margie in Pittsfield says it all:
"This is to say thank you to your association for your motto 'Confident Living with Vision Loss'. Megan is a wonderful therapist patiently listening to my frustrations and fears without either lightly dismissing them or reinforcing them, and by helping me explore my options."
In May of this year, our Solutions in Sight Summit brought diverse thinkers in healthcare, technology, active living and employment together to reimagine services for individuals with vision loss.
Your support will help us to expand existing services and launch these initiatives from the Summit:
- Two Assistive Technology Centers and an expansion of our volunteer program focusing on technology
- A network of mental health services to help individuals begin to adapt to vision loss
- New partnerships with universities to meet the pressing need for professional education in vision rehabilitation
Your tax-deductible donation will bring independence and dignity to many. Thank you for your support.
Barbara Salisbury Shaun Kinsella
Chief Executive Officer Director
MAB Community Services MABVI