Members of the corporate community are invited to exhibit products and/or provide sponsorship for the 46th Annual Conference of the Michigan Association for Media in Education (MAME).
- The event will be held October 9, 10, 11, 2019 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Bay City - Riverfront Hotel in Bay City, Michigan.
MAME is the only professional organization in Michigan that represents school librarians.
- The general purpose of MAME is to increase student achievement by supporting high quality school libraries in the state of Michigan. In pursuing this goal, MAME works in cooperation with numerous other organizations that are concerned with education or libraries.
School librarians are most often the technology leaders in their schools.
- They provide professional development for teachers in technology integration, resource access and utilization, and digital citizenship.
- They support, collaborate and co-teach with classroom teachers in reading development, in integrating information and technology literacy skills into the curriculum.
- They support meeting the expectations for research set forth in the Common Core State Standards. (http://tinyurl.com/oq6nzxx )
School Librarians attend our conference seeking information regarding:
- current trends in education
- news and developments in the world of educational technology
- tips and pointers in school library management
- information about products that will enhance education
- the opportunity to build collaborative relationships with fellow librarians and vendors who support the field.
This year we expect more than 200 members to attend.
Companies that exhibit or provide sponsorship to our conference can be assured that the audience reached will be substantially larger than our projected attendance numbers.
- Librarians serve as mentors and advisors to and collaborators with their administrators, teachers, students and parents in their districts.
- Quality resources from great vendors are essential for teaching and learning success and school personnel depend on their school librarians to recommend such products.
President Elect and Conference Chair,
Michigan Association for Media in Education (MAME)