It is hard to believe that we are approaching the 2016 Holiday Season. This year we have focused our efforts both
on serving our children as well as strengthening our operations. Thus, allowing us to support many more children here at home in the U.S and around the world.
As part of these efforts we;
- Completed and passed our first financial audit. MAP is committed to utilizing the funds entrusted to us in the most effective way. We pledge to continue operating with the highest ethical standards while following NGO financial best practices.
- Continued to expand our community of supporters by building, business partnerships, crowdfunding efforts and text-to-pledge call to actions.
- Revamped our website. You can now create your own crowdfunding efforts on our website! We are grateful to the generous donation of Web Services by Sean Alemzadeh. A few very simple steps and you can Fundraise for MAP. Learn More
Furthermore, we completed three more successful fundraising events in Virginia, Orange County and San Francisco. Thanks to the generosity of our community, sponsors and volunteers,
we successfully raised funds for our Education, Hunger Relief and Orphan Care Programs which benefit thousands of children. In addition, we
the funds needed to establish our first private orphanage in Iran. We are touched by our community coming together and helping provide a home for 30 orphaned girls in Kerman. In particular we would like to acknowledge and thank the Tahbazof Family Foundation for their generous $150,000 donation towards establishment of this home as well as their commitment to fund the yearly operation of this home. In addition we would like to thank; Azadeh Hariri, Neda Nobari Foundation, Bay Area Hope Group, Karmanian Foundation and Farhad Taghibakhsh for their contribution towards this cause.
Here are a few highlights of other MAP projects:
- We have completed the establishment of 30 Preschool Centers in remote villages of Iran.
- We supported the Mentor Program at Blind Children's Learning Center in Santa Ana, CA.
- We completed the renovation of Fatemeh Zahra Orphanage in Iran thanks to the generosity of: Christina Lari, Bay Area All-In Group and Gramian-Emrani Foundation.
- We completed the construction of our second school in Senegal in partnership with Netangue Senegal. Learn More.
- We purchased a school bus to help offer free education to 150 impoverished children in Cambodia thanks to the generosity of our crowdfunding campaign donors. Learn More.
- We completed construction of a new library at Sun Flower Orphanage in Vietnam.
- We Supported the Science Program at Bryant Center in San Francisco, thanks to the Bay Area All-In Group.
- We completed the construction of a new library in the village of Ali-Abaad, Iran thanks to the generosity of Mr. Houshang Pakpour and his family.Learn More
As you prepare to celebrate the holidays with your family and friends please keep in mind those less fortunate than you.
1 in 5 children go to bed hungry in the U.S. You can help Bay Area's less fortunate children to celebrate the holidays with the joy and dignity they and their families deserve.
- Our goal is to provide $100 gift cards to as many homeless children as possible. These gift cards will provide the children and their families a holiday meal. In addition, we will provide toys and gift cards to 2000 children. Donate Now.
We wish you and your family a Happy and Joyous Thanksgiving!
On behalf of the children, we thank you for your compassion and support,
The MAP Team