School Based Health Care Awareness Month
February is National School Based Health Care Awareness Month
We want you and your schools to help spread the word. Here is how you can get involved:
- Encourage your local, regional, or state government officials to issue a proclamation. When officials sign and promote a proclamation, the local news media has a photo or video opportunity upon which to build a story. Attention is drawn to your Awareness Month event and your SBHC staff is publicly acknowledged! It also provides a "teachable moment" for public officials and the entire community about the vital role of SBHCs. For sample proclamations click here.
- Invite your legislator to a tour of a local SBHC.
- Promote awareness month on your website and in your newsletters.
- Hold an event in honor of awareness month.
- Write an op-ed about school-based health care for your local paper.
- Take part in the SBHC Month Twitter Chat sponsored by the School Based Health Alliance on Tuesday Feb. 20th at 2pm EST
- For more information and social media graphics click here!
MASBHC will be rewarding those organizations that do the most tweeting throughout February in regards to SBHC Awareness Month.
The top two organizations that tweet about SBHC Awareness month using @MASBHC and #SBHCmonth18 will win:
- 1st Place: $25 Amazon Gift Card
- 2nd Place: 10% off MASBHC Annual Conference Early Bird Registration for up to 5 registrants.