POLICY MATTERS: Creating Opportunity
The state support and funding for policies and programs that create opportunity is critical. We are advocating for policies that strengthen families, bridge the wage gap, create economic opportunity, and strengthen the human services infrastructure - all of which reduce inequality.
We thank both the House and the Senate for their hard work in the FY20 budget process and the inclusion of so many important resources. We hope to see the following essential line items in your final conference report.
Bridging the Wage Gap
- Increase Resources for Free Tax Prep for Low-Income Wage Earners through Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program Sites (1201-0100) - We thank the Senate for including $200,000 in 1201-0100.
Strengthening Families through Affordable & Accessible Early Education and Care
- Increase Child Care Resource Referral Access Management in Early
Education Program (3000-2000) - We thank the Senate for including $10.1M.
- Increase resources for Early Educators Salaries (3000-1042) - We thank the House of Representatives for including $20M.
- Increase resources for HeadStart (3000-5000) - We thank both House and Senate for including in budget. We ask for support of the Senate allocation of $12M.
Creating a Foundation for Economic Opportunity
- Support Services for Unaccompanied Youth Housing and Wraparound Services (4000-0007) - We thank both House and Senate for including in budget. We ask for support of the Senate allocation of $5M.