By Michelle Knoebel, CMB
President, MBA of Florida
For almost two years times have been unlike any in modern history. Other industries have struggled while the mortgage industry has flourished. Although no longer at our all-time highs, originations still remain strong. During it all, the MBA, at both the state and national level has been instrumental in supporting the industry through Advocacy, Education and Networking Opportunities.
Advocacy – The MBA is your voice! Our association’s lobbyist, Eric Prutsman brings statewide issues to Tallahassee and represents our collective concerns. Our Florida Political Action Committee provides the financial resources to ensure our Florida concerns are heard.
Click here to join MAA
Education – Our association provides relevant information with national speakers and trainers through webinars and informative sessions during our Back-to-Back conventions. Our local Chapters also host timely and pertinent educational meetings.
Click here for education opportunities
Networking Opportunities– Our Annual Secondary Conference and Convention is a must-attend event and local Chapter meetings allow for comradery with your fellow industry colleagues.
Click here to join to ensure you receive updates on local conferences
And here’s some highlights from our year so far.
· The Education Committee, co-chaired by Gina Dionisio and Van Evans have hosted two webinars. You won’t want to miss our third presentation of the year on December 13th @ 1:00 pm- AMPLIFII-Your-Influence--CLICK HERE FOR FULL INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER
· Our Membership Committee, co-chaired by Sherry Wenrich and Theresa Angelo have built a strong bench on the committee and continue to recruit new members to support this year’s theme: Financial Security for Future Endurance. We exceeded our budget expectations in late October and are positioned to exceed our membership goal!
· Our Secondary Market and Convention Committees have started the planning process for the 2022 Back-to-Back event. Please mark your calendars now! June 21-23 for the 18th Annual Secondary Market Conference and the 68th Annual Convention to be held at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in Orlando. We are expecting another exceptional event!
· Our MPAC co-chairs, Robert Villalon and Ben Fant have been working hard with our legislative consultant, Eric Prutsman in Tallahassee, to ensure our voices are being heard on mortgage industry legislation and identify the political campaigns that will benefit our industry most.
· Sherry Gallitz, CMB, Immediate Past-President attended the National MBA conference in San Diego last month. Sherry had the opportunity to meet with William “Koop” Kooper at the member engagement event and walked across the stage to receive her CMB plaque. Not only did Sherry do a fantastic job representing our state Association she was also able to convinced several key companies to become MBAF members.
In closing, I would like to thank those who support the MBA of Florida and our Industry. It has been a successful year for our association thanks to the support from our Executive Committee, Directors, Local Chapters, Committee Chairs and Committee Members and our Executive Director, Brenda Thomas. Thank you to all who have donated your time, treasure and talent to our association. I wish y’all a very happy and healthy holiday season and all the best in the New Year!