Hello MCE Mustang families!
I'm excited to announce that the Maize BOE approved to bring back Pre-K through 5th grade students five days a week for in-person face-to-face learning beginning Monday, Jan. 4th. We can't wait to have our students back in the building! The BOE has also voted to extend Spring Break 2021 to a full five days, March 15 through March 19, 2021.
Here are a few reminders as we prepare for the safe return to in-person learning.
Arrival and Dismissal information
- Temperature checks will be conducted in accordance with any lawful state or local order. In the absence of an order, temperature checks will be conducted as determined necessary by the District Response Team.
- Parents will drop off and pick up students curbside. Doors will open at 8:30 am
- Parents should not exit their vehicles during drop off or pick up.
- Students who walk to school should arrive no earlier than 8:30 am
Students who walk home from school should leave campus immediately and not congregate in the hallways or parking lots.
MCE Bell Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 8:45 am-4:00 pm
Wednesday 8:45 am-3:23 pm (early dismissal)
- Lunch and treat deliveries will not be permitted.
- MCE will have a drop off/pick up table positioned in our secure entryway for homework or any forgotten items that need to be picked up or delivered to a classroom.
Parents must complete a daily health assessment each morning before school. If your child is sick, please keep him/her at home.
All children must wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose. If they do not have one available, a mask will be provided.
- Visitors/Volunteers will not be allowed in the building at this time.
- Water fountains have been turned off in the building with the exception of fill stations. Please send a water bottle with your child daily.
Thank you for your continued support of MCE, we look forward to seeing our students back in school!
Have a wonderful holiday and stay safe!