Staff at Early Childhood School of Rochester No. 57 wanted to do something special for students’ mothers this Mother’s Day.
Each classroom teacher chose one single parent to honor at a special event on Friday, May 10, with a total 16 mothers. With the help of the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), each mother will receive the following services at the Gift of Love Event:
- Hairstyling, pedicure, and manicure in the beauty school department performed by REOC students
- A Gift of Love t-shirt, donated by GEM 23
- Lunch provided by United Healthcare
- Before and after pictures courtesy of Burris Photography
- Gift bags from Optimist Club of Greater Rochester and Sheer Ego
- A necklace and jewelry set donated by Adorn Me Jewelry
Agenda for the Day
9:00 - 9:30 am: Breakfast and meet-and-greet
9:30 am - 12:00 pm: Make-overs in the salon
12:00 - 1:00 pm: Lunch, gifts, comments from Principal Thomas
The Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
has provided ongoing service to the Rochester community for over forty years, earning them the reputation as one of the outstanding centers in New York State. With the support of The College at Brockport and the SUNY Center for Academic and Workforce Development, teachers, counselors, support staff, and administrators have worked to give students the opportunity to gain skills needed to continue to college or obtain a career.