WORKPLACE-FOCUSED CANNABIS CONFERENCE AIMS TO CLEAR HAZE ON LEGALIZATION
The Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce hosts full-day conference with industry leaders to educate businesses on cannabis legalization and its impacts on the workplace
November 27, 2018, WINNIPEG
- More than 20 speakers will share their expertise on cannabis education at Cannabis and the Workplace, a full-day conference that aims to clear the haze on cannabis legalization for the business community.
"No matter the industry, all workplaces benefit from cannabis education," said Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce president and CEO Loren Remillard. "Cannabis legalization has sparked a new normal in Canadian society, and the Cannabis and the Workplace conference will provide much-needed insight as to what it all means for employers."
The conference, a joint effort between The Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce and its Healthy Workplaces committee, will include:
- insight from top insurers, licensed producers, employers and legal experts
- updates on changing social/work norms around cannabis use
- tips on managing the impact of cannabis on a business's brand
- the latest on emerging opportunities for Indigenous communities
- steps on appropriate responses to workplace impairment
- an overview of employers' responsibilities to provide a safe and healthy workplace
- and more...
The Chamber's Healthy Workplace Committee is led by CPHR Manitoba, Johnston Group, Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba and the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority.