The Gift That Keeps on Giving
by Pastor Chuck Swindoll
ALTHOUGH IT MAY BE a little ahead of schedule, it's not too early to give some things away this Christmas. Not just on Christmas Day, but during the days leading up to December 25. We could call these daily gifts "our Christmas projects." Maybe one per day from now 'til then.
· Mend a quarrel.
· Seek out a forgotten friend.
· Dismiss suspicion.
· Hug someone tightly and whisper, "I love you."
· Forgive an enemy.
· Be gentle and patient with an angry person.
· Express appreciation.
· Gladden the heart of a child.
· Make or bake something for someone else. Anonymously.
· Speak kindly to a stranger.
· Enter another's sorrow.
· Smile. Laugh a little. Laugh a little more.
· Lessen your demands on others.
· Apologize if you were wrong.
· Talk together with the television off.
· Do the dishes for the family.
· Give a soft answer even though you feel strongly.
· Encourage an older person.
· Point out one thing you appreciate about someone.
· Offer to babysit for a weary mother.
This is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. JOHN 3:16
Let's make Christmas one long, extended gift of ourselves to others—just like God's great gift of love to us. Unselfishly. Without announcement. Or obligation. Or reservation. Or hesitation.
Now that's what I call a Merry Christmas!