Summer 2020: Empowerment Workshops on Zoom
The Summer of Empowerment is upon us!
Free workshops on ZOOM - and BETTER - $25 rewards for attending a workshop and filling out an evaluation PLUS a chance to win a Mac notebook or iPad.
This summer we are offering four special workshops on Zoom, designed for young adults and transition age youth, from 15 to 30 years of age . . but people of all ages are welcome. And friends and family of a young person with depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety or other metal health concerns are also invited!
Register at the links below:
July 25 - 10:30 am
Subjects to be offered include those most requested by young adults and those who attend DBSA support groups. A sample of subjects is below.
- Resources available for Mental Health in Sacramento County
- Meditation in Motion: Qi gong practice
- Disability Systems: Do I Qualify? How do I navigate the system?
- "Take a Breath" - An exercise in mindfulness and breathing
- In their Own Voice: Stories of special people from NAMI
- WRAP: Wellness & Recovery Action Plan. What is it? How do I create one?
- Best Practices: Living with Depression in the Age of Corona
- Talk Saves Lives: Suicide Prevention
- Young Voices: Personal Stories of young people with depression
- I'm Here: Starting a conversation with a friend with depression
- Know Your Rights: A primer on physical and mental health insurance parity