The MHLS Board of Trustees met on Saturday, March 30th, in the MHLS Auditorium and:
- Received a report from Executive Director Aldrich that included updates/information on: The status of library aid and construction aid in the proposed 2019 New York State Budget, and the on-going need to establish relationships with state legislators who will advocate on behalf of increased funding for libraries; System planning efforts to provide the newly state mandated annual Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for trustees; the status of Phase III renovations to the MHLS Auditorium; and, recent personnel changes.
- Approved the Incentives Committee's recommendations for "Funding Priorities" and the MHLS' Definition of "an Economically Disadvantaged Community" for the 2019 State Aid for Library Construction Program.
- Authorized the Executive Director to negotiate a new Delivery Services contract, pending final approval by the Directors Association at its April 9th meeting of the recommendations of the System Services and Central Library/Collection Development Advisory Committees.
- Certified the MHLS' Adult Literacy and Family Literacy Grant Applications.
- Authorized Executive Director to negotiate a new service contract for Integrated Library (ILS) Services.
- Reviewed and approved two recommendations from the Directors Association related to the Members Capital Fund Policy: (1) to collapse currently defined line items in the fund into a single fund; and, (2) to authorize the expenditure of $100,000 from the Members Capital Fund for implementation and training costs related to the new ILS contract.
- Approved Variance Requests from the LaGrange Library and Roeliff Jansen Community Library;
- Reviewed and accepted the 2018 MHLS Annual Report to the State;
- Were presented a comprehensive overview of the Member Library Assessment and E-Resources charts; including how they are formulated/created, managed and implemented.
- An annual orientation session for MHLS trustees was conducted after the business meeting.
The next meeting of the MHLS Board of Trustees is Wednesday, May 8th at 10:00am at the Kinderhook Memorial Library.