December 17, 2020
Good Afternoon MICC Students and Families,
We hope everyone has a happy holiday season. We proactively wanted to provide you with our plans on how we will be setting up students and staff for a safe return in January 2021!
Below you will find our return to campus guidelines regarding testing and travel precautions. We will also be sending reminder communication the week of January 4th.
Return to campus on or after January 10, 2021:
Students must test negative for COVID-19 prior to returning to campus. Test results need to be emailed here: Returndocuments@miccommunity.net
- If a student has not received a negative COVID-19 test result by January 10, they will participate in distance learning until they are able to submit their test result.
Share return Travel Plans with us using this form here.
- Students and families are responsible for obtaining medication refills prior to return. Students should return to campus with a filled pillbox.
- Out of State Travel:
- If a student is traveling internationally during the break, the advisor will work with the student on a return date that supports the CDC guidelines on post-international travel quarantining and testing.
Students who travel out of state through indirect travel (plane, bus, train, etc.) will be asked to quarantine for 10-days upon return to campus.
Steps for a safe return to campus:
- Take a COVID-19 test on 1/5/2021 or after to receive results prior to returning from break.
- Students are encouraged to quarantine for at least one week prior to returning to campus, if possible. If not possible, students are encouraged to minimize community contact for one week prior to campus return.
- Students are encouraged to complete daily symptom and temperature checks in the two weeks prior to returning to campus. Students should not return to campus if they are exhibiting any possible COVID-19 symptoms.
The first week back on-campus students will participate in virtual classes to decrease exposure risks. After the first week, we will transition to in-person learning on Tuesday 1/19/2021.
Thank you for your on-going partnership in keeping our community safe.
Director of College Programs
Director of Careers Programs