Dear MLSTC Members,
We are excited to announce that we will be opening on
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020
!! While this is great news, it comes with many changes and rules that we must abide by in order to be successful (and safe!). Please familiarize yourself with these guidelines in an effort to help this run as smoothly as possible. We know this will be bumpy, so please be patient as we navigate this situation.
MLSTC Covid-19 Mandates
- Our maximum capacity within the pool's facility has been set at 130 members at a time (this does not include tennis). This will be a first come, first serve basis. We ask that everyone please be respectful with the amount of time at the pool; we know many are excited to be there and we want everyone to get a chance. The number of people at the pool will be updated at the top of the MLSTC website throughout each day to help members plan accordingly. This is not a guarantee that you will get into the pool right away when you arrive, as this will be a constantly changing number. We ask that you not call the pool to see how many people are there.
- There will be no guests (or parties) to start out the 2020 pool season.
- You must be sixteen (16) years of age or older to be at the pool unattended.
- The Baby Pool will be open, with a max of 10 children in the water at a time.
- All babysitters must be pre-approved by the club before being sent to the pool with children. Members must email the club to request approval. Under no circumstances shall any babysitter be permitted who is under the age of sixteen (16) years old.
- All chairs will be in sets of 2, distanced 6 - 10 feet from the next set of chairs. All tables have 4 chairs, also distanced 6 - 10 feet apart from the next table set. Only ONE family is allowed per chair set (2 chairs) or table set (4 chairs/1 table).
- Per state mandated rules, each family must be distanced at least 6 feet from anyone else (not in their immediate family), IN and OUT of the pool.
- While there will be lifeguards and managers there at all times, it is ultimately the responsibility of the member to follow these rules and ensure you/your children are maintaining distance from friends/other members. Similar to bars and restaurants in the area, if we are not following these rules, we can be fined and shut down. Please help us by doing your part!
- The pool entrance will now have a divider. One side for entering, one side for exiting. Please be conscious of others in line when arriving or leaving the club.
- The concrete in high traffic areas will be marked with bright spray paint to indicate the distance that must be kept between non-family members at all times.
- SwimSafe will have a sanitation process that takes place every 2 hours and there will be sanitizing stations that members can use to wipe down their seating areas.
- You will notice many new signs around the property. The rules on these signs must be followed. They are there to help facilitate this process and remind everyone that we all need to do our part.
- There will be no access to basketball, ping pong, yard games, swing sets, drinking fountains, water coolers, etc at this time. Please do not bring any toys to share.
- The Snack Shack will be open with a very limited menu. There will be markers for standing 6 feet apart in line. We are not requiring masks; however we recommend anyone ordering food to please use one while ordering.
- Outdoor grills will be open for individual use! Please bring your own utensils if you plan to use them.
- At this time, the club is not permitted to have a "Lost and Found" so please look around your seating area to make sure you have taken all of your items before you leave.
There will be a survey sent out next week in regards to swim team, swim lessons, dive team, and tennis. PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS SURVEY. It will help us determine whether there is an interest in these activities WITH the current protocols, which will be detailed in the survey. We are also in the process of working on times throughout the week that would be for seniors/immunocompromised only.
We are doing our best to make the most out of this situation, but completely understand if you would like to suspend your membership (and go inactive) this year. If you would like to do this, please reply to this email and let us know. An "Inactive Membership" means that you do not have access to any of the clubs' facilities this season, but can pick back up for the 2021 season. We ask that you let us know by
, so we can plan accordingly.
This will continue to be a very fluid, ever-changing process. We expect, and anticipate, that many of the above protocols will change throughout the summer. We hope you'll understand and appreciate our efforts to serve our members, while still complying with Covid-19 conditions.
Thanks for all your continued support!