Dear Mountain Laurel Families:
Our Reopening Task Force Committee has been researching best practices and coordinating with the New York State’s Department of Health (NYSDOH) and the CDC’s guidelines and regulations. The pandemic presents an ever-changing situation that requires great flexibility and adaptability. We believe we are in a strong position to meet all State requirements as well as maintain our commitment to delivering a robust Waldorf education for all of our families.
We believe that the health and well-being of the growing child is core to the Waldorf curriculum
- A Waldorf Education builds a foundational sense of well-being, emotional safety and mental peace.
- Our expanded outdoor learning program capitalizes on the freedom of the open air and the healing that comes from connecting with nature.
- We empower children by helping them maneuver and adhere to guidelines with creativity and with compassion for differing individual needs.
- We sustain health through the joy of community connection.
Our guiding principles for reopening in the fall.
- Provide the safest possible environment for all students and employees.
- Ensure our students receive the full experience of our excellent program where we emphasize learning academics, arts, social-emotional well-being, joy through human relationships.
- Remain flexible to change our operating model as necessary to meet New York State requirements and our safety standards in this evolving situation.
Our number one priority during this time of world strife is to serve our families and community as best we can. Finding opportunities for growth and renewal in this challenging situation, will lead us to a stronger and renewed commitment to Waldorf education in today’s world.
Susan and Patricia