We had a good meeting a couple of weeks ago. Two important announcements on the upcoming MMAMTA events, and one from the Missouri Symphony (MOSY).
MMAMTA's annual Music-a-thon has taken place for many years now; it is a fundraiser for our student' scholarship auditions. Normally we would have a live event at specific venues, but this year we are doing this remotely.
February/March: Fundraiser in Jefferson City - Jan Houser, chair
March 1-31: Virtual, Columbia - Renan Leme, chair
MMAMTA partners with one other organization to promote the event. Jefferson City will support the Samaritan Center, and Columbia will support the Children's Grove (being confirmed).
For Columbia's virtual music-a-thon, details are still being worked out. As soon as they are finalized, another newsletter will include more information which will also be posted on the web page: https://www.mmamta.org/musicathon.html
II. Scholarship Auditions
If you have a student who wants to participate in a summer music festival, or who will be music major or minor in college, you will want to audition for this.
III. *NEW* Mostly Mozart Concerto Competition
- 5 [Fri]: Registration and entry fees due to Denise Gillam for 2021 District 3, Jefferson City, Junior (Gold cup) Festival.
12 (snow 14) [Fri] 7pm, First Baptist Church of Columbia: Odyssey Chamber Music Series presents Baroque Concerto. 12 (snow 14) [Fri] 7pm, First Baptist Church of Columbia: Odyssey Chamber Music Series presents Baroque Concerto. Program includes the three winners from the 2021 MMAMTA/Odyssey Pre-Collegiate Aria/Concerto Competition in movements of Mozart piano concerto, Saint-Saens and Shostakovich cello concerti. Also featured are Siri Geenen, Amy Appold, Julie Rosenfeld and D. Lydia Redding in Vivaldi's concerto for four violins, Organ and Piano Duo by Colleen Ostercamp and Ayako Tsuruta, and CPE Bach Trio performed by flutist Alice Dade, pianist Peter Miyamoto and cellist Eli Lara. Live-stream; event is closed to the general public due to COVID. https://www.odysseymissouri.org/programs.html
- 24 [Wed] Columbia Federation Video Submission Deadline at 11:59pm
- 24 [Wed] Jefferson City: All judges' critique sheets due to Denise Gillam
- 26 [Fri] Venue TBA in Columbia: National Federated Music Clubs (NFMC) Junior Festival (Gold Cup) Auditions (no Concerto)
- 27 [Sat] Venue TBA in Columbia: National Federated Music Clubs (NFMC) Junior Festival (Gold Cup) Auditions (no Concerto)
- February/March: MMAMTA Musicathon fundraiser in Jefferson City
- March 1 [Mon] Venue TBA in Columbia: National Federated Music Clubs (NFMC) Junior Festival Make-Up (Solo & Concerto)
- March 6 [Sat] Venue TBA in Columbia: National Federated Music Clubs (NFMC) Junior Festival (Concerto Only)
8 [Mon] 5pm Application Deadline: The First Annual Mostly Mozart Concerto Competition: https://themosy.org/mostly-mozart-concerto-competition/