REST AREAS FOR TRUCKERS IN MAINE
March 19, 2020
MMTA has reached out to the major rest stop operators about services they continue to offer to truckers given the state of emergency. As of this moment, here is what we know:
DYSARTS in Bangor. Providing all services except the restaurant which includes curbside meals, showers, and obviously fuel.
Maine Turnpike Service Plazas. All 5 MTA service plazas are open for business to include food, fuel and bathrooms. Dining rooms have been closed, but they tell us there is plenty of parking.
NOTE: the Gray Service Plaza is scheduled for a shut down of Fuel soon due to a tank replacement project and Kennebunk has some software upgrades to do for their fuel system so there might be a few hours over next few days where they are shut down for fuel.
Irving Truck Stops.
- Truck stops are opened, hours of service have not changed at this time
- Restaurants, are opened, but for takeout only
- Driver’s lounges are closed
- Showers are still opened, and they have instituted a cleaning protocol after each use
- Fuel islands are still open, and they have instituted a cleaning protocol to wipe the fuel island, nozzles, and key pads down every 30 minutes
- Parking is still available