April 20, 2020
Dear MNLGA Members:
This e-mail is distributed to key contacts; please feel free to share with others in your office.
Attention new members: I send new updates every day and really do not repeat a lot of the same information. Chelsea has added to the
MNLGA’s COVID-19 resources page
the COVID-19 based member alerts since we began issuing them on March 16
. Please review them if you are hunting for older information.
New Information Today
COVID-19 and Paid Sick Leave for Ag Employee
– (includes information on payroll tax credits available; scroll down until you see the article) – published by UMD Ag Law Initiative. Sign up to receive notices directly at the bottom of the linked post.
Emergency Paid Sick Leave and Emergency FMLA
- a ready made form you could use.
In addition, this short explanation of how FMLA compares to FFCRA may help:
private sector employers who employ 50 or more employees for at least 20 workweeks in the current or preceding calendar year, including joint employers and successors of covered employers.
The paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave provisions of the
apply to certain public employers and to private employers with fewer than 500 employees.
Small businesses with fewer than 50 employees may qualify for exemption from the requirement to provide leave due to school closings or childcare unavailability if the leave requirements would jeopardize the viability of the business as a going concern.
Connecting with Consumers
There exists a campaign to promote gardening, planting of trees, enjoyment of the outdoors, etc. called “Plant Something.” The creators of this campaign are offering free resources to business in the industry to share and use in their own promotions.
- There are two specific graphics geared toward promoting curbside pick up and delivery.
- You are welcome to copy and use any posts on the Plant Something Facebook page.
- You are welcome to use this Arbor Day video – this Friday, April 24th is Arbor Day.
The NLAE- developed map of the U.S. and Canada – detailing the status of Green Industry sectors by state or province, is available
Remember to utilize the COVID-19 resources page on the
. It includes resources to help connect with consumers, explanations and access to state and federal recovery, employment, and relief efforts, and more.
Please keep me in the loop and let me know how the MNLGA can help you.
Vanessa A. Finney
Executive Director, MNLGA