March 18, 2020
Dear MNLGA members:
I’d like to share with you some COVID-19 resources; I understand this is a tumultuous time given the uncertainty under which we live, plan our lives, and conduct our business. If there is anything the MNLGA can do for you, please let me know.
Earlier this week I shared with you the House version of the “Families First Coronavirus Response Act.” As soon as there is a Senate version and/or dual-chamber approved version, I will pass that along to you, as well.
NALP, the National Association of Landscape Professionals is offering to any business (member or not) to participate in a
webinar at 1:30 Eastern time today – March 18
See below for details.
Dealing with the Coronavirus in Your Landscape or Lawn Care Business
A panel of experts will answer your questions about how to cope with the impact of coronavirus on your company. Presenters include NALP Safety Advisor, Sam Steel, PhD; HR & Legal Advisor, Whitney Brown, Esq., Lehr, Middlebrooks, Vreeland & Thompson, P.C.; NALP Safety Chair and Insurance Expert Drew Garcia, Rancho Mesa Insurance Services; NALP VP of Government Relations, Andrew Bray, Esq.; Paul Fraynd, Sun Valley Landscaping and other NALP members who will share their plans.
As a member of the Maryland Chamber of Commerce, the MNLGA has access to this organization’s resources. Please see links, below, to COVID-19 resources from the Chamber and a few other resources.
- Key Maryland Resource: health.maryland.gov/coronavirus
- Advice to Businesses and Employers from the CDC
- Federal Legislation: Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- SB 1080: COVID–19 Public Health Emergency Protection Act of 2020
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Responding to COVID-19
- World Health Organization Updates
- Maryland Small Business Development Center
- U.S. Small Business Administration: Guidance for Businesses & Employers
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Maryland Department of Health
- Live Updates from the Office of Governor Larry Hogan
- U.S. Department of Labor Resources
- OSHA: Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Coronavirus Workplace Tips for Employees
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Guidance for Employers to Plan & Respond to Coronavirus
Vanessa A. Finney
Executive Director, MNLGA