In August, Governor Baker signed the H.4742 "An Act for Prevention and Access to Appropriate Care and Treatment of Addiction" also known as the CARE Act. This bill created several commissions to study and report on crucial issues related to addiction and the opioid epidemic.
is honored to serve on 4 of these commissions:
- Recovery Coaching Commission
- Special Commission on the Use of Medication Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder
- Involuntary Treatment (Section 35) Commission
- Prevention Commission
There were also two commissions created that MOAR is not directly serving on:
- Harm Reduction Commission
- Commission on Evidence based treatment for insurance carriers to develop a provider network
These Commission have mandates from the legislature to study specific issues around these topics. For instance, the Recovery Coaching will be examining a credentialing process for Recovery Coaches. The MAT Commission will be looking at the use of medications in correctional institutions.