927. Mar. 1: At the transfiguration, God describes Jesus thus, “This is my beloved Son. Listen to him.” (Mk. 9:7) As a historical figure, Jesus is no longer with us. But, as Christians we believe that the spirit of Jesus abides within each of us. Look at your beloved today and see Jesus. Listen to each other.
928. Mar. 8: Intl. Women’s Day is March 8. So what’s that got to do with your marriage? Hopefully each of you already have times when you take the lead. This day is mainly notable because women were not always valued to lead as much as men. Honor each other today.
929. Mar. 15: “I was blind and now I see” (John 9:25) In marriage we may not be physically blind but we still need to look deeply to understand the other’s hurts and fears in order to see the whole person.
930. Mar. 22: It’s been a long pandemic winter. Look for a surprise way to treat your beloved. Be silly. (Perhaps trace "I love you" on a stick of butter.) Be gallant. (Let the other go first or have the last piece.) Be sweet. (Leave a loving voicemail on his/her cell phone or a note of affection under their pillow.) Be creative.
931. Mar. 29: Palm Sunday reminds us that there is a time for rejoicing. Of course marriage will always have times of sorrow and testing, but today recall a joyous time in your life together – your wedding day, birth of a child, whatever…
*Marriage Moments go out to individuals on Mondays. For Sunday bulletins use the Sunday immediately before the above date.