The Legislature is planning to have all legislation completed by June 26
There are three bills pending that deal with COVID-19 funding:
- SB 3013 Appropriation; Dept. of Education, IHL and Community Colleges for COVID-19 expenses for FY20 and FY21
- SB 3044 Equity in Distance Learning Act; enact.
- SB 3046 COVID-19 Connectivity Act; enact.
Wednesday, June 17, 2020, was the deadline for bills from the other chamber to be passed on the floor.
The following House bills
- HB 888 Student club funds accounting practices
- HB 1165 Computer science curriculum be required
The following House bill is going to conference:
- HB 666 7th & 8th grade must offer Gifted classes;
The following House bills will be sent to the Governor:
The following House bills are due from the Governor June 22, 2020:
The following bill was amended and goes back to the Senate for concurrence or nonconcurrence:
- SB 2286 Early Learning Collaborative of 2013; revise funding and specify teaching standards, A strike all amendment was adopted and the bill was completely changed to the language in HB 1139 Community schools; authorize implementation under the administration of a District of Innovation.
The following bills are due from the Governor by June 23, 2020:
The following bill is due from the Governor by June 25, 2020:
The following bills have been signed by the Governor:
*To view the history and description of each bill, please see below.