Our Temple is also facing its share of unprecedented demands coping with this SAVE THE HUMANITY war on the microbial monster. With your help, MTS is fighting the calamity mercilessly forced on us, in the best possible way, devotedly continuing all the essential Temple functions and services without interruption.
Temple priests, administrators, shilpis and staff
All our permanent employees were retained and continued to perform an outstanding job during the pandemic. In spite of multiple lockdowns and social gathering restrictions our distinguished priests, administrators, shilpis and staff performed:
Daily Maha Mrityunjaya Homam and Dhanvanthri Homam on alternate days during entire lockdowns (Live virtual homams)
- Temple Kitchen stayed open post-lockdown with limited services
- Few wedding events were held in Youth Center and Ganesh Temple
- Repainting of interior worship areas of Main Temple and Ganesh Temple
MTS Board, Advisory Council and Volunteers
Keeping the welfare and interests of the employees first, and the needs of the community MTS Board of Directors with the support of Advisory Council members and dedicated group of volunteers provided adequate management and operations support for smooth execution of all activities of our temple in a safe manner during lockdowns and post-lockdown phases.
- Without any precedence of the situation we were faced with, very long hours of discussions and careful planning, preparation and execution by the Board, Council and volunteers was critical in re-opening as a first major temple in this region.
- We carried out successful Food Drive for the Pearland at-large community by delivering groceries to 250+ families in need of assistance. Thanks to the devotees for their overwhelming of support of the Food Drive.
Devotees and patrons
Our goal is to fulfill the needs of the community at large and MTS led the way to re-open the temple for devotees on May 14th after first lockdown and on August 21st after second lockdown. MTS has been one of the very first temple to re-open in Greater Houston area and the devotee response was very positive.