Our December meeting was cancelled due to the holidays, and we hope all of our neighbors enjoyed their holidays.
2023 is here and brings changes to our neighborhood: Road construction projects on Purcell and Neff, a roundabout at Wells Acres and Butler Market, and continued development to our northeast in the Petrosa neighborhood.
Members attended the Butler Market - Wells Acres Roundabout Open House, hosted by the City of Bend's Project Team. A few key points:
- It will be a standard one-lane design.
- All four directions have safety islands and obvious entry/exit points for pedestrians and bikes.
- Estimated start date will be July 2023.
- Residents can comment on design features here.
We received a follow up from the Purcell Extension / Intersection Project Team in response to the concerns from residents. At this time, the City plans to do the following once the Purcell Extension is complete:
- Ask the police to periodically patrol the section between Neff and Wells Acres, as staffing allows, in the first month the connection opens.
- Install reader boards, one on each end, for the first month the road opens, reminding people of the 25 mph speed limit.
- Install a speed radar to monitor the traffic within the first two months after construction to determine what the speeds are, and again after four to six months.
- Once the City has data (collected via the methods described above), the team can evaluate from there if the speeds are more than 5 – 7 mph above the speed limit.