Thank you for your interest in the Miami Valley Veterinary Medical Association. Started in 1995, the association is regional in scope. Although most of our members are affiliated with private small animal practices, we welcome and have members involved in specialty practices, large animal practice, industry and research.
- To provide quality continuing education opportunities through CE meetings
- To communicate items of interest through monthly newsletters and the MVVMA website
- To foster relationships with local humane organizations, to keep members notified of regulatory changes of concern, and to offer social opportunities with colleagues.
MVVMA Membership Meetings: Tuesday Evenings & Sundays
- Evening meetings will consist of a light meal, announcements, possible brief association business, and will be followed by the speaker. Evening meetings are worth 2 hours of CE credit.
- Sunday meetings will include 4-6 hours of CE with a meal.
- November 6 Hour CE Seminar: There is an additional cost for the annual 6 hour CE seminar in November, which also offers a separate CE meeting for technicians.
Upcoming meeting information can be found on the association website and will also be announced through monthly newsletters and mailed postcards.
- The Board, consisting of 5 officers and 5 trustees, volunteer their time. The Board usually meets the third Tuesday of the month and is responsible for the business of the association. The Board has recently added the services of an Executive Secretary to help with communications. New members are encouraged to become involved in the association by attending meetings and serving on Committees. Monthly Board meetings are open to members and member input is always welcome. Contact the secretary for the time and location.
- The MVVMA policy for handling grievances follows AVMA guidelines.
- Any contact received from clients with grievances are forwarded to the MVVMA President.
- Since many grievances are related to miscommunication, members appreciate the opportunity to have a protocol for resolving issues at a local level, usually without proceeding to written complaints, peer review, or forwarding to OVMA or OVMLB.
Becoming an MVVMA Member: (see registration button links below)
- After receipt of membership registration forms and dues fees, the Board votes on new members.
- Upon acceptance, members are welcome to attend all CE and social events and request access to the member only section of the website, which includes the membership roster & Code of Regulations.
- Membership enrollment is open from January 1 - September 30.
We offer 2 registration options, as follows:
We look forward to having you become part of our organization.