Thank you for a great year at Madbury Commons! We realize the close of Spring 2020 Semester looks differently than we all expected, and we appreciate your cooperation as we restructure our move out process to best accommodate everyone. We have received many requests for residents to move out prior to the end of the lease term and in response we are including instructions for that option. Please read through the information and instructions below regarding how to properly complete your move-out.
In order to practice social distancing, we will be offering
time slots for residents to move out during an assigned time frame during the month of April and early May. Please sign up for your desired move out date/ time on the calendar link here:
MOVE OUT SCHEDULE
If you plan on moving out of your apartment on a different date, then please make note of this on the optional field in the calendar.
For residents that plan to move out on the lease expiration date, please stay tuned for a phased move out schedule that will be released with assigned time slots for residents to move out during this time.
Residents each received
one key fob
to access the building and apartment, and a separate individual
. Each unit was also issued one
PRIOR to May 18th:
An envelope for each resident with your name, apartment number, and bedroom letter will be included in the move-out packet which will be delivered and placed on the inside of the front door of each unit. Please put
keys provided to you when you moved into your apartment inside your envelope and return them along with your
Security Deposit Forwarding Form
located to the right of the front door to our Leasing Office on the ground floor of South Building. One resident can place the mailbox key in their envelope and make note of the key enclosed in the envelope.
May 18th Move Out:
There will be self-serve sign out tables in the courtyard of Madbury Commons for residents to drop off their labeled key envelopes, security deposit forwarding forms, and sign the key collection form.
Residents not returning:
Residents who will NOT be returning to Durham are welcome to mail their labeled keys and security deposit forwarding forms to our office address below:
MADBURY PROPERTIES LEASING OFFICE
17 MADBURY ROAD
DURHAM, NH 03824
Keys will NOT be accepted past the lease expiration date of May 18th
tenants and belongings are vacated, each unit will be inspected by a member of our Madbury Properties staff.
- Units will be assessed to determine maintenance and cleaning needs, in
order to prepare the room for incoming tenants.
- Staff will determine what, if any, charges will be applied to resident
individual inspection will be completed prior to all tenants vacating the unit
Remaining deposits will be returned to residents via mail
within 30 days of the lease expiration date which is May 18, 2020.
- Security Deposits may NOT be used for May rent. A final statement will be delivered to each tenant stating the ending balance on the account and include an itemized list of any applicable outstanding charges or deductions from Security Deposit (if applicable).
- A standard list of charges for repair or replacement of items that will be used in calculating security deposit refunds is attached for your reference.
- Each resident must complete a Security Deposit Forwarding Form (attached to this letter) and return it with your keys via drop box, mail, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org upon move-out.
“Excepting only ordinary wear and tear from normal usage, you will be jointly and severally liable for all damages to the Apartment. In addition, you are responsible to us for any damages of any nature that result from your usage or the usage by your guests of any of the Community amenities and any of the systems or components located in the Community. If the party responsible for damages is identified, we may determine, in our sole discretion, to release you and other potentially responsible parties. We are not required to individually charge for damage in bedrooms or if responsible party is identified. Your obligations to pay the charges described in this paragraph will continue after the ending of this Lease.”
Amazon Fire Stick Return:
Madbury Commons provided an Amazon Fire Stick/ Remote to each unit for use on the Living Room TV. Please
place this equipment in the provided box or a labeled envelope with Unit #
on the coffee table in your unit
- Required components include: The Amazon Stick, Amazon Remote, and all applicable cords.
- Staff will log the equipment as 'returned' during move-out inspections.
- Remember to LOG OUT/RESET your Amazon account on your Amazon Stick prior to returning to the office. We are not capable of logging out of accounts or resetting equipment before we deliver to incoming tenants. We will not be responsible for possible charges to account if you did not log out/reset before you moved out.
In order to assist in the moving process, Madbury Properties will provide rolling moving boxes and dollies during move-out. Please note that we are unable to sanitize moving bins between uses, they are to be used at your own discretion. Kindly return boxes to lobby area when finished so other residents can easily access and use to move-out their belongings.
Contact the local post office to ensure your mail is forwarded to your new home address by the lease expiration date. You can also visit
to submit an online request to have your mail forwarded for a nominal fee.
Residents are required to return their unit in the same, clean condition it was received. Any further cleaning, repairs, and replacements will incur additional deductions from your security deposit.
A cleaning guide is included for your reference.
In order to avoid additional charges against your security deposit, tenants should clean according to the instructions provided.
Please keep in mind that the parking spaces located in the Madbury Commons Boulevard marked "IOL" or "1 Hour Parking Only" are reserved for commercial tenants use only and
vehicles in violation of the posted policies will be subject to towing.
- Once residents are ready to depart (i.e. all belongings are packed), the resident may call his or her ride to bring the vehicle into Madbury Commons for loading and departure. MPM staff will be available to direct and answer questions.
Only cars picking-up belongings that are packed and staged on the sidewalk will be allowed to use the parking lot for move-out.
Our experience has proven that this system will minimize the hassle of moving out for all parties involved and your cooperation is appreciated! Contact our office at (603) 452-7030 or e-mail
with questions regarding the move-out process.
We’re thrilled that many of you have decided to extend your leases with us and we look forward to the upcoming year!
Madbury Property Management