Thank you to all those who helped me realize my dream. It's been an amazing 6-year journey!
It was quite a learning experience to work on this GIA grant. We've completed the project on time and under budget. We're pleased to hear the State of Hawaii is happy with our final report and our website.
- We conducted a Sustainability Survey to discover people's priorities and sustainability goals;
- We've collaborated with Design Thinking Hawaii to create SHYLI's 3rd Sustainability Forum;
- We engaged Hawaii's youth and educators to envision how this site would best support them;
- We researched learning tools to give users access sustainable projects and volunteer opportunities;
- We designed a user-friendly website that allows people to learn and be engaged in sustainable goals;
- We BETA tested the site with global youth leaders at the Institute's 14th Sustainable Youth Summit.
- We made a special effort to honor the Hawaiian culture in all aspects of our work. We have included Hawaiian proverbs in each section. We've also created a special section on Cultural Sustainability.
We hope that our Sustainable Hawaii Toolkit site will inspire youth, educators, business and community organizations to work together to build a sustainable future for us all. The Stone Soup Leadership Institute is committed to building upon this site to realize our goals:
Thanks to everyone's support we have learned valuable lessons on how to create this online resource guide for youth, educators, business and the community organizations to work together to build a sustainable Hawaii. From learning tools to videos and a matching system to connect business green jobs and community with volunteers.
Mahalo nui loa for your support. Together we hope to build a more sustainable Hawaii.
& SHYLI Team