Congrats to Nokomis Regional
Congrats to Nokomis Regional High for being featured in The Center on Reinventing Public Education (CRPE)'s New England Profiles of Innovation!
Educators at Nokomis spent over a decade laying the groundwork for multifaceted reforms—all of which are student-centered and aim to deepen rigorous academics into authentic learning experiences:
- Interdisciplinary curriculum
- Project-based learning
- Education outside of the classroom walls
- Meaningful career exploration
Read the report to learn about:
- Proven practices for success,
- Pandemic adaptations, and
- How other school communities can begin conversations about moving toward student-centered learning.
As Ted Dintersmith underscores in his work, creating a network of collaboration is key. Nokomis saw how starting small while providing professional support and fostering a culture of collaboration can contribute to staff autonomy and creativity.
What do you need to reignite your creativity to create learning environments that align with student interests?