The Coronavirus Legislation Fight
from Heritage Action for America
When Congress returns to Washington (today, Monday July 20th), they’ll begin work on a new coronavirus related package, and Speaker Pelosi has already revealed her hand.
Back in May, the House passed a symbolic $3 trillion bill that had no hope of being passed in the Senate. This bill laid out the liberal priorities Pelosi will fight for in the upcoming deal.
Here are some of the liberal policies it contained:
- $915 billion in bailouts for state and local governments.
- Interfering with states’ election rights by requiring states to adopt vote-by-mail and undermining voter ID standards.
- Stimulus payments for illegal immigrants.
- $50 million for environmental justice grants.
- An extension of the $600 bonus UI subsidy until January 2021.
Conservatives need to play defense to block the inclusion of Pelosi’s liberal wishlist. We must also play offense, to ensure good policies make it into the bill.
We’ve created this
2020 Coronavirus Legislation Toolkit
, with background info, talking points, a call script, and suggested tweets and graphics. It contains everything you need to fight for conservative principles in this legislative battle!
Congress is back in session today, Hold Congress Accountable.
- Jessica Anderson and the Heritage Action team
If you want to assure that you are on top of the issues in DC and want to make a difference to advance the conservative agenda, join our Sentinel Army.
We are the courageous conservatives holding Congress accountable!
Become a Sentinel and have access to the Sentinel Strategy Call, the Training Center, Activist Resources, Exclusive Capitol Hill Updates, and the Online Community.
Heritage Action for America | 214 Massachusetts Avenue NE, Suite 400 | Washington, D.C. 20002