Connecting Members Counts! With Diana Anderson
- Why choose Assistance League? There are lots of nonprofits and volunteer opportunities and Diana will help us understand and appreciate our membership – our most valuable asset. A dynamic, high energy speaker, trainer and consultant, Diana wants to help you connect the members to foster more success and prepare for the next generation of leaders.
Bench Strength: Building Your Chapter’s Future Leadership with Yesmean Rihbany
- This session will explore simple, yet powerful steps to maintain a proactive approach to succession planning. It isn’t complicated, says Rihbany, a member of Assistance League of Long Beach, who will provide succession planning templates, assess what is working, how to identify future leaders and keeping all engaged. Yesmean owns the consulting firm The Rihbany Group and has a master’s degree in organizational psychology, a master’s degree in instructional psychology and master’s level course concentration in organization communication.
Meet Alaska and Landon: Assistance League of Albuquerque’s Secret Weapons with Susie Biggs and Mary Kenney
- You will meet brand ambassadors – Alaska and Landon (AL) – as they support membership recruitment, marketing and social media and the future of Assistance League. Members of our Albuquerque chapter, Susie and Mary will introduce Alaska and Landon at CONNECT2019.
Form a New Generation Committee with Mary Thalgott and Hailey Swanson
- By recruiting younger members, Assistance League will benefit from enthusiasm; encourage commitment to volunteerism; and support philanthropic opportunity for a younger generation, assert the speakers from Assistance League of Tucson. Both have been involved in Assisteens® (as member and Coordinator) and look forward to sharing the strategy, rationale and best practices for this new committee.
Marketing: Membership Advertising with Phyllis Campbell, Vice President Corporate Marketing
- Using examples of chapter advertising and promotional tools, this session will demonstrate how real life strategies and success stories will help you better promote your chapter to potential members and the community.
Assess your Cultural Competence and Connect with Everyone with Sharon Ivy
- Drawing from a diverse professional background that includes currently serving as the Diversity and Inclusion Manager at a Kansas City law firm; practicing law for ten years and ownership of an award-winning wedding planning business; Sharon will lead a discussion on diversity and inclusion in a conversational, non-threatening and interactive manner, helping you to learn how to use innovation to build team culture and create pipeline for future membership and leadership.