Vote "YES" on Monday, May 16th
to make RSU 21's Athletic Complex Safe and Compliant for Students and our Community!
Your “yes” vote means:
- Our students can play sports safely
- Our families and students can benefit from American Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant bleachers
- With funds already available, the overall school budget for next year will decrease by -0.49% even including the Athletic Complex Project
The Athletic Complex at Kennebunk High School is unsafe and unusable.
We have reached the point of no return. When the current school year ends, our bleachers and lights must be removed because they no longer meet state safety standards! The track has not been usable for over four years. A “yes” vote for Article 19 will authorize combining existing monies already within our budget to fund a restoration and repair project that’s long overdue, and will bring our facilities into compliance.
The good news for voters:
- We have the funds we need with an overall tax decrease compared to last year’s budget. Article 19 authorizes the school board to add $2,821,436 to our capital reserves to combine with existing funds already set aside to complete the $4.3 million project.
- There will be an overall tax decrease of -.49%, a tax reduction of -0.77% for residents of Arundel, a -0.57% reduction for residents of Kennebunk and a small increase of 1.42% for residents of Kennebunkport based on existing State property valuations.
The Athletic Restoration Project will include:
- A replacement six-lane oval, eight lane sprint all-weather track enabling RSU 21 to host home, regional, and state championship meets.
- Replacing Memorial Field with a multi-purpose all weather field for soccer, football, field hockey, and lacrosse allowing increased student and community use.
- A grass practice field with relocated track and field throwing event facilities.
- Replacement ADA compliant fixed seating for 550 plus portable bleacher capacity for 800.
- LED field lights which reduce light spillage, cut energy costs, and provide an even illumination of the playing field with reduced maintenance.
Please vote “Yes” on Article 19 on May 16th, 2022
at the District Budget Meeting held at
Kennebunk Elementary School at 7PM!