To the TUFF,
It’s with the heaviest of hearts that we notify you of the cancellation of the 2021 Mammoth Tuff event. The final phone call this afternoon with the District Ranger for the Inyo National Forest gave us no direction on whether USDA’s Region 5, the Pacific Southwest Region, will extend or lift the temporary forest closure due to end at 11:59pm on September 17.
Today was our deadline to make a decision and without a firm answer from the forest, we have no choice but to cancel. If we gambled on the hope of the closure lifting and it ended up extending, we would be in a much worse position with all of you.
Riders have the option to defer, refund, or donate so we keep all of you happy. Details about these three options are here: https://forms.gle/rhBzrvogBUMRijVp9
Please make a selection by 11:59pm PST on Sept 20. If you miss this deadline, we will automatically defer you to 2022.
Please message us if you have any questions.
We’re so sorry. Thanks for understanding.
Amanda and Dave