Dear TUFF Community,
We are aware of the U.S. Forest Service’s Inyo National Forest Closure starting August 31, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. through September 17, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
Here is what we know from USFS as of September 3, 2021:
1) There are no exemptions for events with special use permits
2) our date 9/18 is still clear if we want to operate if the closure lifts but
3) no guarantee if they will end the closure or extend it and
4) no answer on when they will make the closure/extension decision.
Since USFS will not commit to a deadline for the extension decision, we understand how frustrating this is and we will make a decision by EOD Wednesday Sept 8.
Please help us make an informed decision by weighing in with your opinion and filling out the form linked here: