Maternal Health Awareness Day
Since 2021, the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology recognizes Maternal Health Awareness Day on January 23rd to raise awareness of maternal health issues and risks. According to the CDC, over 80% of maternal deaths in the United States are preventable.
The QCARE Maternity Management program is available to participating plans to help members enjoy a healthy pregnancy and deliver a healthy newborn. A Special Additions nurse acts as an advisor and guide, coaching the member and sharing information.
Our maternity care manager will:
- Review the member's health history, diet and exercise
- Spot and assess potential risks
- Suggest ways to lessen risks for mother and baby
- Share information on pregnancy, childcare, labor and delivery
- Work with the doctor to coordinate care
- Point the member toward community resources
Maternity Management Program Overview
NOTE: Programs vary by employer group and benefit plan. Members should check with their benefits administrator.