By Doug Leever
President, MBA of Florida
We are very pleased to announce that our first Loan Officer Summit went extremely well in February at the Citrus Club in Orlando. We had 70 attendees and tremendous speakers of Doug Smith, Dustin Owen and Tim Davis! Everyone was buzzing when they left our event with many great takeaways that could be put in place almost immediately.
- Always show up like no one else.
- Great relationships take time, take the time to develop them.
- Consistency is the key.
- Ask for the business, always be asking.
- Goal setting- personally challenging but realistically reachable.
- Your net ‘worth’ is tied to your ‘network’.
Those were just a few, but all three speakers did an outstanding job and the event was very motivating for all attendees! I would actually love to hear of some great success stories that were then implemented and developed directly from and for you from this event!!
You can send to firstname.lastname@example.org
As many of you are aware, Brenda Thomas has resigned as Executive Director of the MBA of Florida after 30+ years of service to our Association! We will miss ‘Super’ Brenda, as one of our former Presidents labeled her, based on her long-time work as the Executive Director and super dedication with the MBA of Florida as Matthew Goldman announced and presented her with a red cape. She will be leaving us at the end of March.
However, we are very pleased to announce that we have secured a Management Company as of March 1st - Confluent Strategies out of Memphis, TN. The transition has begun, and official introductions will be provided soon.
They have been working with the following States, and in some cases Chapter MBAs in these geographical areas-
- MBA of Arkansas (Includes two local chapters and the state chapter)
- Tennessee MBA
- MBA of Memphis
- Knoxville MBA
- Nashville MBA
- MBA of Mississippi (Includes four local chapters and the state chapter)
- Tennessee Educational Trust Fund
- This is a group made up of TN MBA past presidents. They provide an Educational Training Speaker to each chapter in Tennessee annually. They manage their financials and assist in coordinating their speaker and events through each chapter.
- Great River MBA Conference
- Oklahoma MBA Conference
- MBA of Mississippi Fall Conference
- MBA of Arkansas Fall Conference
We look forward to this new opportunity and continued success for the MBA of Florida!
Also keep in mind, our upcoming Back-to-Back 19th Annual Eastern Secondary Market Conference and 69th Annual Convention is June 19th through the 22nd at the Rosen Plaza Hotel in Orlando. Register and make your room reservations now.
Registration is now available on our website: Click Here to Access