The project to reconstruct Maple Road from Southfield to Woodward is off to a fast start. In just the past week we’ve seen significant changes, including:
- Construction barriers that maintain the pedestrian walkway are in place and sidewalks are being marked with lines, signage and decals to remind the public about social distancing.
- Maple Road is now closed to all traffic. Motorists are being directed to detour routes.
- Pavement has been removed along Maple Road.
- DTE has begun taking down streetlights and work will continue into next week until all streetlights are removed.
- Underground utility work is underway.
Much of this work will continue into next week, and we also hope to begin work on the water mains.
While traffic in the area is reduced due to the stay-at-home order, please remember to respect posted speed limits on detour routes. Residents along the routes are experiencing an increase in traffic, and maintaining the speed limit helps to minimize the impact.
If you know anyone who would like to stay updated on the Maple Road Reconstruction Project, keep them in the loop! Please forward the sign-up information to them: