Dear Concord Hill Families;
What a week! I know these are trying times and I want to express my deep appreciation and gratitude for all of your support, understanding, and encouragement as we work together through these uncharted waters. I am pleased to share that we are having a lovely Friday with the kids. While the topic of the virus and our early departure for Spring Break has been coming up in classrooms, our teachers are handling it with great care, empathizing with feelings expressed by the students, and reassuring them that it is going to be okay.
- This afternoon, students will bring home any materials that will support Home Learning as we move forward. Please wait until next week to explore the materials, as teacher instructions are forthcoming.
- On Tuesday, March 17, we will email instructions about Home Learning to each family. The goal is to test a couple of lessons on Wednesday and Thursday (optional for any family that would like to practice). Not only will this give us an opportunity to test the system for any kinks before Monday, March 30, but will prepare CHS in the event that school closings are extended.
- As we indicated yesterday, an important requirement for our Home Learning program is high-speed Internet access and an Internet-enabled device, for a limited amount of time each day. For families who do not have access to the Internet or a student-friendly device (tablet, computer, or phone) please contact me.
- We will also be sending home any personal items (students' jackets, extra change of clothes, water bottles, etc.).
- For any student who was absent today, parents may pick up learning materials this afternoon between 3:15 PM and 4:30 PM, or on Monday or Tuesday, March 16 or 17, between 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM.
Thank you again for your cooperation and support. I am so impressed by the resilience of our community, which I know will continue to be tested in the days to come. I have full confidence that we will persevere and get through this together. Please know that we are here to support you and your families in any way we can.
There will be, of course, additional updates in the coming days, and we will keep you abreast of any developments on our end. As always, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or ways that we can support you.
Wishing you all the best for a safe, healthy, and positive break.
All the best,