Dear Bethel Family and Friends,
All church activities are cancelled for the week of March 16-22 and services will move online March 22 and 29. We will gather virtually on Sunday at 9:00 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. at
When I look back just a few weeks ago:
- we were finishing up the Joseph sermon series,
- celebrating the successes of a Wild Game Feed,
- seeing unprecedented numbers in Student Ministries,
- AWANA was going great,
- and we were generally looking forward to Easter and continued opportunities for accomplishing our mission.
All of that to say, sometimes life throws a curveball. I find comfort knowing that God is never surprised.
Let’s be the Church
From time to time people will ask, “Pastor, would it be ok if I _(fill in the blank)_?” Often, this is a question seeking permission to do something they feel God is calling them to do.
Like the advice I gave that person, I want to remind you - you don’t need permission to be the church. This is a time for the Body of Christ to shine. Use the gifts, talents, and resources God has given you to be the church.
As we fix our eyes on Jesus, offer hope in Jesus name.
Pray for Our Team
Please know that your church staff and our ministry partners continue to lean into ministering to people in need. The work of the church continues and even more so during a pandemic.
Bethel Church staff are working to curate resources which will be updated throughout the week on
. We are spending hours in prayer and meetings to best respond to ministry in a new context.
You can look forward to these changes already happening:
- We now have an online prayer wall for our church family to share prayer requests and pray for others. Find out more at www.bethelfc.com/prayer
- Facebook Group. We’ve had a Facebook Page for a long time. This new group will allow the Bethel Family on Facebook to share prayer requests, share ideas, and increase communication for those already on Facebook.
We are Praying for You
We care about you and want to assist you in any way that we are able in this time of need. Please contact the church at 701.232.4476 if you find yourself wanting additional pastoral care or spiritual support.
Driving around town last night, honestly, it was kind of eerie feeling. Let’s remember that God is in control and He is good. He loves you. He cares for you. He is near.
I’m looking forward to the message this Sunday that I sense God is giving to us. We will step out of the I AM series to share how we can accomplish our mission of Love God, Love Others, and Serve the World here and now.
Fixing our eyes on Jesus,
Pastor Andy Veith