The March 2015 e-newsletter includes information on the following: Sled'N Snap, 2015 Legislation Campaign and the upcoming April 1st deadlines.
Trail Association Revenue & Expense Report
Due to the lack of snow, SND is asking all of the Trail Associations to submit the Trail Association Revenue & Expense Report to the office by April 1st. This report reflects expenses for fuel, groomer storage, etc. Please click here to access the report!
ND Snowmobile Trail Application
The North Dakota Snowmobile Trail Applications are due on April 1st. Please complete the application if the local trail association would like to request trail changes and additions for next season. Please contact the office with any questions regarding the application process.
Please click here for the application!
April 1st Application Deadline
The following nominations and applications are due on April 1st; please click on the following links to apply for the scholarship program or nominate an extraordinary volunteer in your area!
The 64th Legislative Assembly officially opened January 6th, 2015. Here is the latest information on the snowmobile legislation:
- Senate Bill 2139: relating to the licensing of snowmobiles (transferring the snowmobile registration administration from the ND Department of Transportation to the North Dakota Parks and Recreation Department)
- As of 3/16/15, the bill was headed back to the House Transportation Committee for review; the office will continue to provide updates as more information is received
- Senate Bill 2164: relating to the snowmobile registration fees
- Committee hearing was held on 3/12/15; waiting some direction on SB 2139 before it proceeds to the House Floor
- Senate Bill 2198: relating to the minimum age requirements for snowmobile operators
- Passed the House Transportation Committee on 3/12/15; placed on the House Floor agenda for final voting
- Please watch your emails for further updates
ISC Charity Report
Please submit the ISC (International Snowmobile Congress) Charity Report to SND by April 1st. The report should reflect charity efforts from April 2014 to March 2015. Thank you for your cooperation. It is important to report complete and accurate data. This information is used internationally to promote the hard work, dedication and generosity of snowmobilers.
Click here for the report!
Take a photo and you could win! Submit your best snowmobiling photos online for the chance to win a trailer! Visit www.slednsnap.com to enter this year's Sled'N Snap photo contest. This exciting photo contest is brought to you by the Flaman Group of Companies, the Saskatchewan Snowmobile Association, the Alberta Snowmobile Association, Snowmobilers of Manitoba and Snowmobile North Dakota. All winter long, capture your favorite sledding moments and upload them to the website in a variety of categories including:
- Trail/Scenery/Wildlife Shots
- Buried! (Got the Powder Blues)
- Trailers/Truck/Wild Sled Wraps
Just by entering you could win an Aluma 2-place aluminum tilt trailer - there's one for Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba and North Dakota. Or you could win the Grand Prize - the use of an enclosed sled trailer of your choice (up to $15,000) for one year! North Dakota prizes include: Vacation Package to BlueWater Lodge, MN, Winter Season Package to West Yellowstone, ThermaCELL Heated Insoles, Divas SnowGear Craze Pinstripe Jacket, and Giant Loop Kootenay Pocket. Photos will be judged by the Snowmobile North Dakota Board of Directors Awards and Nominations Committee. Contest closes March 31st, 2015.
2015 Take a Friend Snowmobiling Campaign
Haslett, MI, JANUARY 16, 2015: The Snowmobile Manufacturers through ISMA are excited to partner with the organized snowmobiling community and the many snowmobile associations and clubs who support snowmobiling throughout North America. The unique partnership between the snowmobile manufacturers and the snowmobile community is now over 40 years old and has grown since the inception of the Go Snowmobiling promotion 6 years ago.
- Online trail signing and trail grubbing courses can be found at http://snowmobilend.org/grooming-guidelines/
- Please remember shop with Amazon Smile and Shop.com/snowmobile to support Snowmobile North Dakota financially
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
- Every time you shop online at www.shop.com/snowmobile; Snowmobile North Dakota earns cash. Signup for a free account today and start getting paid to shop with their #CashBack program. To learn more about the #CashBack program click here!