When Worries Cease
We know we're not supposed to worry. We're told everything will be fine. Trust God. We don't want to be worriers. But what do we often find ourselves doing? Worrying...
Instead of constantly bringing more guilt and frustration upon ourselves in trying not to worry and worrying about worrying, let's look at the opposite side of the coin...what happens when we do actually stop worrying and live free of its control.
1. We fully embrace the day at hand and do the "little" things well.
"So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today." Matthew 6:34
2. We are at peace within our souls, even during hard times.
"Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand."
Phil. 4:7a (continued from above)
3. Others (family, friends, coworkers, etc.) are free to make decisions about their own lives with ours as an influence but without our control.
"For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps." 1 Peter 2:21
4. We let God be the God He says He is-Provider, Protector, Lover, etc.
"I am the LORD, and there is no other." Isaiah 45:5
5. We bring glory to God by being our full, true and alive self.
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them." Genesis 1:27-28a