A warm spring as we seek to grow in Creative Diligence inside our home.
By now, many of you connected to our 2018 GLD Pastors' Wives' Prayer Clusters. If you have a question or still want to connect, contact your regional GLD Pastors' Wive team leader or email me at
As I mentioned in January, we will share a common prayer theme and Scriptures from our resource book,
Rooted Woman of Valor
. Hopefully, most of you have received the book.
- Our Marriage (Jan-Feb) Trustworthy Love
- Our Home (Inside) (Mar-Apr) Creative Diligence
During March and April, let's focus on our Proverbs 31 Rooted Woman of Valor's life realm of her Home (Inside) with the fruit of
- Proverbs 31:13-15 reminds us of the biblical value of the details of our homes such as picking out clothes, household items, and food to nurture and nourish our family. Let's pray for each other to continually grow the fruit of Creative Diligence, as we offer much of our time and energy as homemakers.
- Prov. 31:13 Pick materials for our families and home with willing hands and an attitude of eagerness.
- Prov. 31:14 Pick food with great effort for the good and health of our families.
- Prov. 31:15 Prepare food with a spirit of discipline and planning for our families.
- Specific Prayer focus (Scripture from NIV)
- I Corinthians 10:31 to be our attitude in the daily details, "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." (Rooted, pg. 18)
- Proverbs 28:19 "Those who work their land will have abundant food, but those who chase fantasies will have their fill of poverty." Live a life of holy redundancy by showing up faithfully to serve the Lord and our families day by day. (Rooted, pg.18)
- Colossians 3:23 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord," Approach the trifles of life for our families as one shaping a beautiful sculpture. (Rooted, pg. 20)
- Action point
- Keep a journal of specific ways the Lord speaks to you as you pray and live out these Scriptures.
Our resource idea is from Charmaine Balmer, GLD PW in Freeport, IL.
When I came across the "Cultivate What Matters" Journal by Lara Casey, it provided something that in the past, I had done on my own. Sometimes I feel like writing out Scripture is the best way for me to journal. Their journals also give an opportunity to journal more, if that is something you enjoy doing. But sometimes just writing the Word is sufficient for me. They offer many different types of journals, such as Cultivate Faith, Gratitude, Renewal, and Hope. I highly recommend them! I ended up purchasing a set, and as I feel prompted, I give them to people as gifts. They are always well received!
Rooting you on toward
Creative Diligence in your home and walk with the Lord,
Jan Thompson and GLD Pastors' Wives Team