The Women of Achievement honorees for 2019 are:
- Mildred Richard-Edwards, HIV/AIDS advocate
- Rachel Coats Greer, Binghamton community advocate,
and Mary E. Mitchell, Orange Mound community advocate
- Gabriela Salinas, cancer survivor, scientist, legislative candidate
- Estelle Axton, co-founder STAX recording studio,
and Cornelia Crenshaw, civil rights activist
- Maxine Starling Strawder, dancer
- Dr. Jane Hooker, women’s sports advocate
- Dr. Carol Danehower, domestic violence researcher and educator
Act today to attend the 3 p.m. reception and 3:30 p.m. awards. Admission is $35 and should be paid in advance
or by mailing checks to 2574 Sam Cooper Blvd., 38112, including names of persons who will attend.
This event is a gift to our community – not a fundraiser – so any donations of support are much appreciated to keep costs low and encourage wide inclusion and attendance.
For more information, call 901-378-3866 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.