Smartphones have genuinely changed how we live and our daily lifestyles. We enjoy the privilege of being able to connect to the world as we carry our smartphones in our pockets wherever we go. Although the use of these smart devices might seem like they are extremely beneficial and convenient, the truth is that excessive use of them might not be the best for your health. In fact, there are several reasons why an overuse or addiction to using these devices can negatively impact your physical and mental well-being. Here are some of the ways that excessive can impair your body's abilities.
1. Smart phone use can decrease the amount of social interactions that you have by altering your mood and cognitive ability.
2. The use of cellular devices also results in your memory capacity decreasing as a result of over-reliance.
3. It could also lead to excessive weight gain as a result for decreased physical exercise and activity.
4. Most importantly, overuse of one's phone can causes disruptive sleeping patterns.
Now, here are some of the most efficient and optimal ways to take time away from cellphone use.
1. Enjoy some outdoor activity and physical exercise.
2. Perhaps you could read a novel or write some stories with pen and paper.
3. Spend time on your hobbies and other productive activities.
Using your cellular devices might not be totally avoidable but we should at least try to minimize the amount of time that we spend using them. At the end of the day, smart phones and devices are integral to our daily lives, but we should take time away from them and continue to explore the world around us!
March 2020 Newsletter